I know I promised to show the eco print scarves but I wasn’t happy with mine! One of them turned out very dark – you can’t see any of the prints and the other – well – I’m just not liking it. I took pictures and I am going to over dye them with Indigo to see what happens. I am hoping I will end up with something more usable. Look for before and after pictures posted by next Friday.
I do love the technique and I plan to explore making them and using material from my yard and from our place in Turner. I am hoping for some spectacular results.
This weekend I will add pictures of the some of the fabric we dyed. Again, not to happy with a couple of mine – just poor choice of color on my part – but I did get a few pieces I am okay with.
I also want to explore some of the folding techniques we did, experimenting with natural dyes. I am not sure they will work since natural dyes require simmering the fabric for a period of time, but I think it would be fun to experiment.
Until later –