January is almost over so I decided I had better add another post. Twice a month is the goal.
Last year I decided I wanted to explore variations of shibori stitch patterns. I enlisted the help of my sister-in-law who does amazing sashiko. I decided to use linen napkins and we did a total of twelve. Some patterns were successful, some not so much. My indigo vat wasn’t optimum and yielded just a medium blue.
You can really see how uneven some of the stitches are – a good learning experience. We experimented with large vs small stitches as well as spacing between lines. I don’t think some of those were successful. I was also disappointed with the number of threads that broke and have since changed the thread I am stitching with. Probably should have ironed them before taking pictures – sorry.
A good learning experience and now I have a set of indigo napkins!